NELA/Illinois is the Illinois affiliate of the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA).
Founded in 1985, NELA is the country's first and only bar association that is exclusively comprised of lawyers who solely or primarily represent individuals in employment-related matters.
NELA promotes the workplace rights of individual employees through public policy, legislation, and other activities.
With more than 3,500 members, NELA is the nation's leading advocate for employee rights.
NELA members are the lawyers who bring actions to ensure equal employment opportunity for all, and to vindicate the rights of individuals to fairness and justice in the workplace.
NELA/Illinois was founded as an affiliate in 1986 and provides educational programs, publications, technical support, and networking benefits to its members, such as:
- Maintaining a listserv for members to share thoughts and ask questions
- Providing CLE credit through monthly seminars and the Annual Seventh Circuit Conference
- Publishing The Illinois Employee Advocate newsletter
- Maintaining an extensive brief bank
- Offering discounts on educational seminars and publications
- Providing networking opportunities for members who desire assistance from attorneys who have extensive experience in nuanced areas of employment law
- Administering the NELA/Illinois Attorney Listings